Trading and Platforms
Zerodha offers different platforms – Desktop, Web, and Mobile.
- NEST(ZT), Zerodha mobile, and trade.zerodha.com are platforms built by vendors (Thomson Reuters). The user interface, charting, and tools on these are average.
- Pi (desktop version) and Kite (web/mobile) are in-house trading platforms; the user interface matches international standards.
- NOW is an alternative provided to a few clients who want to use NSE’s own trading platform. Zerodha doesn’t recommend using this and also they do not support it.
- 98% of Zerodha clients use NEST and/or Pi.
Funds – Deposits and Withdrawals
They have wide options to transfer funds and the service is usually very quick.
- Deposit funds by transferring via the Payment Gateway instantly.
- One can also use NEFT or just drop in a cheque at any HDFC bank ATM.
Process to place a withdrawal request is very easy through the backoffice login. Customer receive back office login at the time of account opening.
- All withdrawal requests are processed between 7:30 PM and 8:00 PM every day. Withdrawal requests hit your bank within 24 hours or sooner.
Margin/Leverage Policy and product types:
- Equity delivery based trading (CNC: Cash n Carry): 100% money required upfront. Use the product type CNC in your buy/sell order form
- Normal F&O Trades (NRML: Normal): Exchange stipulated margins, positions taken as NRML can be held until expiry.
- Intraday leverage Trade (MIS: Margin Intraday squareoff): Trade using MIS if you want leverage or additional margin. All MIS positions are squared off automatically 10 to 15 minutes before close of the markets.
- Up to 10 times intraday leverage for equity
- Up to 3 times for Futures (over and above the margin you get anyways on futures)
- Up to 3 times for option shorting
- No leverage for option buying. (You can use bracket orders for additional leverage only for buying Nifty and Bank nifty options)
Special Order types allowed:
- Bracket Orders and Trailing SL
- Cover orders
- Stop Loss orders
Zerodha is the technological most advanced and Featured Indian Discount Broker . Here’s why:
- PI – Next generation trading platform (trade with live charts)
- First to launch Zero Brokerage in India. Flat Rs 20/- per trade
- Simplified brokerage Fees: Same pricing for Equity, F&O, Currency, and Commodity across all exchanges
- No upfront fee or turnover commitment
- Over 50,000 happy customers, averaging a daily turnover of over Rs. 5000 crores
- 170+ dedicated support team to ensure the fastest turnaround time for your queries via email or phone