UltraTech Cement Limited or ULTRACEMCO
The Company was incorporated in 2000 as Larsen & Toubro. Later, it was demerged and acquired by the Grasim and was renamed as Ultra Tech Cement in the year 2004. Currently, Ultatech cement, a part of the Aditya Birla group, is among the country’s largest exporter of cement clinker. It has an annual capacity of about 52 million tonnes. It also manufactures and markets the Ordinary Portland Cement, Portland Blast Furnace Slag Ce
ment, and Portland Pozzolana Cement. It also manufactures ready mix concrete or RMC, and all of its plants are ISO 9001 certified.
The Company has about 11 integrated plants, one white cement plant, one clinkerisation plant in UAE, and 15 grinding units. In which, 11 are in India, 2 are in UAE, one is in Bahrain and Bangladesh each and five terminals, four in India and one in Sri Lanka.
The export markets span countries are around the Indian Ocean, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East regions.
Narmada Cement Company Limited was amalgamated with UltraTech in May 2006. Later, Samruddhi Cement Limited was amalgamated with UltraTech Cement Limited in July 2010.
UltraTech Cement Middle East Investments Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, acquired management control of ETA Star Cement together with its operations in the UAE, Bahrain, and Bangladesh in September 2010.
UltraTech's other subsidiaries are Dakshin Cements, Harish Cements, UltraTech Ceylinco (P) and UltraTech Cement Middle East Investments.
Some of the Products:
- The company produces ordinary Portland cement mainly used in dry–lean mixes, general-purpose ready–mixes, and even high strength pre-cast as well as prestressed concrete.
- It produces a Portland blast furnace that has features such as the lighter color, better concrete workability, easier finish-ability, higher compressive and flexural strength, enhanced resistance towards the aggressive chemicals and more consistent plastic and stiffened consistency. It also produces Portland Pozzolana cement.
- The company has exports of over 2.5 million tonnes p. a. and it accounts for 30% of the country’s total exports. It exports to various countries such as Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
Some of the Milestones:
- UltraTech Cement received Greentech Environment Excellence Award by the Greentech Foundation, New Delhi in 2000–2001.
- The Aditya Birla Group is also the 11th largest cement producer in the world and the seventh-largest in Asia.
- In 2004–05, it also received State and Zonal level I prize for overall performance in Mines safety.
- State Level Environment Award (Plant).
- Rajiv Gandhi Environment Award for Clean Technology.
- National Award for Prevention of Pollution.
- Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award.
- Asian CSR Award.
- Business World FICCI–SEDF CSR Award.
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award.
- Subh Karan Sarawagi Environment Award.
- ASSOCHAM CSR Excellence Award.